Sunday, August 28, 2011

Them scales, they lie!

I have been on a mission to Dick Smith and picked up a packet of 40 x AAA batteries and 40 x AA Batteries. Take that assorted toys and remotes!

Meanwhile back at the homestead, hubby has also been acquiring AAA batteries, so my scales are the proud owner of Energiser Plus batteries and the home-brand batteries are relegated to use in remotes etc.

Having worked out how to enter my height (160.2cm) and my age (37 years), gender and body type of a choice of athletic or normal ... I am ready to face my new 'starting weight'.

My starting weight is 90.1kg.

Kinda a shock since my crappy scales at least had the decency to weigh me light at about 86kg.

The scales send an electrical current through you and how much difficulty it takes travel through you provide other details.

Stats helpfully provided by my new scales? 42.2% Body fat (optimal for my age according to the accompanying booklet in several languages is 21-29%).

And apparently there is more water in lean tissue than fat, so the skinner you are, the more water there should be. For my optimal weight, this would be between 52% and 58%. Mine is currently about 40.9%.

So that's it. I am officially on the journey now.

2 comments:

  1. If this makes you feel any better, your old flatmate has weighed in at 95kg this year :)

    So proud of you doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been more than that before my official weight on the new scales. I'd already lost an unknown amount that I would guess at 5-7kg ...

    ReplyDelete