Saturday, August 27, 2011

My $75 Fitness Coach

I went to Briscoes today and bought a new set of scales.

As much I don't want to make this journey about weightloss, the reality is that seeing the pounds peel off will form part of the motivation.

And long-term, I need to understand the relationship between food and weight, better.

The old set of scales that were at home have been around for years, probably bought at The Warehouse for $20 and really difficult to use.

The way I place my feet on the scales or the way I balance myself on the scales or the scales being moved an inch to the left or the scales being bumped all cause different readings.

I can effectively cause a change in the result up to about 3kg. Don't get me wrong, this has suited me fine when I really didn't want to know. But now I am getting real, real readings will be part of it.

I had no idea scales had gotten so flash since my last purchase with "Body Composition Plus" and "I Speak" screaming to me from the packages.

Kinda like deciding to buy a DVD player instead of a Video player, I decided that scales that also calculate composition of water or fat or muscle is the way to go.

The set I picked had an original price of $149 but only a fool pays full price at Briscoes and in this instance, my scales came home for half price and include a free pedometer, electronic skipping rope and a sports bag and include the words "Fitness Coach".

Of course it takes 4 AAA batteries, so I can't use it yet, and a quick squizz of the various remote controls in the house suggests a dozen or more AAA batteries are looking for a home with us at the moment.

I'll let you know how it goes when it's turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment