Monday, August 29, 2011

The Incredible Shrinking Stomach!


OK. I admit I can be as gullible as the next person and I truly believed that if you eat smaller portions over a period of time, your stomach actually shrinks!

This was the theory I was working to when I deliberately reduced my portion sizes recently as part of this new food plan.

Apparently this fabulous myth is bollocks. Your stomach is like a balloon and can inflate or deflate as needed.

That's disappointing.

But there is good news! Reduced portion size may not shrink your stomach but it will shrink your appetite.

So I have found that with only a couple of weeks of controlled portions, I have already reset my 'appetite thermometer'. Which I am very happy about. This means that as long as I continue to saviour the food I am eating and choice smaller portions, I am feeling full and satisfied with less.

I definitely recommend that if you have begun to control your portion size, and you are struggling with hunger pangs: stick at it and you will notice a difference before too long.

3 comments:

  1. I noticed just after the earthquake (when I literally did not have the time or supplies to make a proper meal for several days) that I am able to get by on surprisingly small portions. At the time I told myself that I was going to stick to that when the worst had passed and we got our electricity back. Of course it didn't last because I have such bad habits, but I know it's possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding that using a smaller dinner plate is helping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have two smaller plates that we always gave the kids, now they are mine.

    ReplyDelete