Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dumb and Dumber

You may wonder how much I know about the practical stuff. Like what happens when you eat what.

I actually know far too much. Maybe even an overdose of knowledge. This journey has never been about ignorance. It's been something quite different.

In my life, everything fascinates me. I have YouTube'd videos of key-cutting machines and how to prepare a fresh squid. I get excited by seeing behind the scenes of anything ... a supermarket, a McDonalds, an Emergency Service Communications centre ...

Anything involving my health is the same. I can tell you all about Myopia and Astigmatism.

I can tell you all about eating as well.

But there has been a disconnect between my knowledge and my actions. I eat too much and I eat the wrong stuff.

I have never questioned whether you can have your cake and eat it too ...

I have been doing this for a really long time too. Twice I have undertaken 'dieting', once with Jenny Craig - great food but really expensive, and once with Weight Watchers. Both times I lost maybe 10kg and eventually put even more back on.

And three times I have undertaken healthy eating for the sake of another to varying degrees of success.

Unless I can get to the point where I am choosing to eat for health and choosing to do it forever (not just losing the same 10kg over and over ...) - I will be destined to the same fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment