Saturday, August 27, 2011

Spicy Chicken Soup

I am finding soup better at night because it fills me up more and makes me feel full for longer. This soup has protein, tons of vegies and garlic, chilli, a tiny splash of fish sauce, lemon and vinegar. I love loads of coriander.

Ingredients
100g Chicken Mince or finely chopped Chicken Breast
1Tsp Vinegar
1Tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Fish Sauce
Chilli flakes to taste
Coriander
Any combination of vegies including:
Courgette
Mushroom
Celery
Onion
Cabbage
Mushroom
350ml water

Directions
Brown the mince with a spray of oil. Slice, dice or grate the vegies and add to the pot. Cook for a few minutes then add water and remainder of flavours including coriander. Allow to brew and cool a few minutes.
Enjoy with a couple of crackers.

Serves 1

I've also tried adding the mushrooms and courgette finely julienned and the coriander at the end and leaving them to heat through with the leftover heat works really well.

The next time I made two nights worth. I had some that night and more waiting for me the next night. I am finding chilli, garlic, lemon and coriander make the food tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment